Meet the owners!
Hi there! My name is Courtney Cahill and my husband, Billy, and I are the proud owners of We Rock the Spectrum – Severna Park.
While I don’t have a child on the autism spectrum, working with those who have autism and other disabilities has been a part of my life since I was a teen. As a special educator and occupational therapy assistant, the small daily successes of “my kids” gave me the fuel to work each day. These students and their families became extensions of myself, and a huge part of my life. It was never easy—it was exhausting and challenging—but aside from parenting my own two boys, it has been the most rewarding work I have ever done.
Working with children with Autism Spectrum Disorder has never been a job to me. It is my life and my passion. It has even become a huge part of the fabric of my family. When I met my husband, he didn’t know what autism was. A very passionate man, he has since become one of the biggest advocates for the children and families that I have worked with. Owning We Rock the Spectrum – Severna Park means as much to him as it does to me. Our sons, Liam and Brennan have a cousin with special needs and working with children with autism has always been a part of their lives. They have only ever known a life of understanding when it comes to children with special needs and therefore they treat them with the same kindness they treat anyone else they meet. We could not be more proud.
If you have any questions about We Rock the Spectrum – Severna Park, or want to learn more about what we have to offer, please feel free to email at email@example.com
Our Gym Includes:
- Suspended equipment with swings – for balance and vestibular treatment
- Crash mats and crash pillows – for fun, motor planning, and strength
- Zip line – for stress release and joint and body relaxation
- Trampoline – for building leg and core strength
- Indoor play structure – for climbing and increasing playground skills
- Sensory-based toys – for improved auditory processing and fine motor skills
- Fine Motor and Arts and Crafts Area – for improved hand-eye coordination