Meet the Owners!
Greetings everyone! My name is Octavia Brown and my husband’s name is Devon Brown, and we are the honored owners of We Rock the Spectrum – Severna Park. My husband and I met during my last year of graduate school. When I learned of our shared love for serving the community, I instantly knew that he was the one. I am a licensed social worker who works as a Mental Health Therapist in Anne Arundel County and have always had a special love and passion for the special needs population. I have dedicated the last twelve years of my life working to encourage, empower, and uplift under-appreciated and under-served communities. My husband, whom is an entrepreneur, has always had the belief that businesses can be used not only to generate money, but to give back, uplift, and serve the community.
My family has been blessed to have a brother whom is on the spectrum and two sons who are currently waiting to be tested for Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). As a Mental Health Therapist and an experienced Entrepreneur, my husband and I bring knowledge, competency, resources, compassion, dedication, motivation, and most importantly, sheer fire passion to We Rock! We are excited and more than proud to serve the families and children within this community!
Our Gym Includes:
- Suspended equipment with swings – for balance and vestibular treatment
- Crash mats and crash pillows – for fun, motor planning, and strength
- Zip line – for stress release and joint and body relaxation
- Trampoline – for building leg and core strength
- Indoor play structure – for climbing and increasing playground skills
- Sensory-based toys – for improved auditory processing and fine motor skills
- Fine Motor and Arts and Crafts Area – for improved hand-eye coordination